24 February 2010

heregoes

Later today, I will mail out a *letter.  Although,this is strictly a fundraising effort for our adoption, I have run into myself again.  It is interesting where the rubber actually ends up meeting the road. I really really tried to get this letter out before the end of the year.  I was really trying to get the DTC by the original deadline of January 12. Yeahno.  There was crying and whatnot.  Probably some shouting, since I tend to feel that volume will accomplish what reason cannot; I can't remember exactly. For a variety of reasons( not the least of which is that I found out we got an extension), I have put this off and now that it can no longer be postponed, I can feel clearly the reason why I have put it off.

What if no one responds?  God or my dad or cousins or in laws or friends.  I mean, who has any money in the first place, but what if the crickets sing?  The secret of my heart is that I am afraid the "parent voice" in my heart is right.


I'm not the first to ask this question

What if I'm wrong?




*Kingdom Kids Adoption Ministries provides grants to families who are hoping to adopt by accepting donations from those who receive the letter.  Because they are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the donor receives a receipt for their income taxes(or however you say that).

1 comment:

What's on your mind? Willing to share?