29 September 2010

He said it best...

Robert Pierce, founder of World Vision said, "Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God."

Skin taut across her cheeks and forehead, tiny mouth and tongue trying to suck the air. No, she is on a schedule. She ate at 8:30. It was ll. There was another hungry baby, but she was asleep. I guess.

Another baby. Blue face and hands and crying. I picked her up and made baby noises. She calmed and even smiled at my son and I.

How many babies are in this room?

27.

Why are you crying, mom?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... I need to go back and read more. I had no idea you have been in China but I am on a back-log...

    I'm crying, too. I want to RUN over and get at least three. I wish it were that easy...

    Thank you for opening our eyes to the needs that exist globally, Maggie. God is using you for such good.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Willing to share?