- We have received the I-800A receipt, which precedes the finger printing appointment.
- A particular legal document that we needed has been executed and is, as I write, winging its way here by U. S. Postal Service.(One day when I can't think of anything to write about, I will tell you about my strange affection for the U.S.P.S.)
- Lucky Charms Cereal is $2.99 for the big box at Kroger.
- The house appraised better than we expected for, the refi meaning a) we skip making the mortgage payment in April. b)we return $120/month to the net budget.
- Our boy has learned to read and ride a two-wheeler..effectively giving the "up your nose with a rubber hose" to the near miss he had earlier in the week with the motorcyclist traveling the wrong direction.
- Mickey's firm got a good project. Projects coming in mean a possiblity of salaries being restored to 100%.
- I shaved this morning.
- I have made a commitment to get up every morning and do all I can to push the adoption from my end. When I can do no more, then I pray( now I know for some people this seems backwards, but in this case, it makes no sense to ask God to facilitate my request if there are tasks on the table that don't require resurrection power; i.e. making photocopies of our dossier documents). A great teacher has mentioned that a lot of people don't get their prayers 'answered' because they are not asking God to do something they cannot do themselves. For my simple mind, I won't know what that is until I have finished my bit.
- From this commitment, I have learned something already. "The process is what it is. The variables are the time and the money;" additionally, "He has all the money, all the time."
- I put the utility bill on even pay.
- A man who was lost, is found.
- The Oscars are over and they will not bug me again for a year. (The fashion stuff bugs me most because, one dress is hideous and someone more "A-list" wears it in a different color with not as good shoes and terrible jewelry, and it is perfect. That is stupid.) (Over half the time, a film is selected as best picture that is retarded. This year, they picked one that no one watched, apparently. Now everyone is rushing out to grab it at Blockbuster because even though it wasn't good enough for the few who stumbled into it accidentally to recommend to their friends--NOW, we think it is good. Really?)
- Hugest of all, we are humbly grateful that our friends have decided to hold a fundraiser to benefit our adoption. They are planning a night of family fun with "Petro's" (Frito chili pie-- we are making our own, not having it catered.) and swing dancing. Several members of the local swing dancing association are going to be providing emcee-ing and instruction for those who have never had a chance to learn but love to dance and learn new things.
Friday Night, March 19, 2010
eating: 5 - 7 p.m.
dancing: 7 - 10 p.m.
$5/person with a limit of $20/family
email me for more information.
We are so blown away by their love and generosity to us.
I hope you have a wonderful day and invite you to post comment with your celebration update!!!