28 November 2009

thankfulthankful

     We are thankful.  For a warm house. Good food.  Each other.  Our friends joined us at our house.  We have alternated the hosting privilege for the last 4 Thanksgiving Days.  There was the typical amount of food.  The weather was chilly and sunny so the kids could be outside when they were not eating, which was roughly 50/50.  It was nice to be together.
     We didn't shop on Black Friday.  I feel like any bargain I find will be offset by the general tone of excess around me.  I would probably buy too much.  I have done my part to keep Target in the black, all year long.
     Tight times have come.  They don't describe or modify our mission to bring home Super Boy.  They get us in ready to point to the God who made it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Willing to share?